Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I want to be known

If you haven't noticed, I think... A lot. I'm not the morbid type, but I do occasionally think about how life would be for my boys if something happened to me. As long as they have their father, I know that they would get to know me, through him. A thought, feeling or emotion does not pass through me without Bryan knowing about it. I know - some of you are thinking "yikes!". But we're on the same page. He knows me well.

But, if something should happen to both of us (heaven forbid) does anyone else know me well enough to tell my boys who their mother really was? Not just the general stuff, but deep down. Do others know what I cherish and value? Do others know where my passions lie? Do others know the matters of my heart? That is a big part of why I blog. I want to be known. For my kids' sake, for my sake, for the sake of my friendships. I want the people in my life to know how happy I am, how much I love and am loved, and all the silly little stuff in between - like potty training issues, Valentine's parties or Mom's kindergarten anxieties. Thanks to those of you who read my ramblings - investing your time in knowing me. The only downside is that blogging is one-sided. I write, you read. My suggestion - leave comments or start blogging too! That way I get to glimpse into your life and get to know you as well.

No comments: