Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy

In the last ten days or so, I have had a song in my heart and a spring in my step.  Today, I went out for a run and, as the leaves were blowing down all around me, I had to fight the urge to joyfully spin in circles, arms outstretched and try to catch them (think snowflakes on your tongue).  That would have been a ridiculous sight for those passers-by!  On a busy street, no less.

But I am so happy.  I'm reading my Bible, praying, going to church, and meeting weekly with my women's Bible study.  It is such a relief to not have to do life on my own...but I fall into these traps every now and then (like the past six months!!!) of thinking I've got it all under control.  I "take a break" here and there from reading, sit out of LifeGroup for a while....and before I know it, everything falls to pieces.

"Jesus looked hard at them and said, 'No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.'" Matthew 19:26 (The Msg)

"So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching."  Hebrews 10:22-25 (The Msg)

I praise God for his patience and offering of second (and third, forth, fortieth, four-hundredth...) chances.  And how He's planted so many people in my life, to pray for and encourage me...  I often turn my back on Him, but He never turns His back on me.  And how quickly things turn around when I get out of God's way and allow Him to drive.  Oh happy day!!

No comments: