Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Goals

I have never made a New Year's resolution, but I like goal-setting.  Here are my top to-do's for 2011.

Start running again - this time without injury.  Buy awesome running shoes if I have to.

Clean out every closet, cabinet, drawer and shelf; selling every unused item in a garage sale over spring break.  If we were sick of it 9 years ago, it is definitely out of fashion now!

Repaint the interior of the house.  Make the guys wear latex gloves if that's the only way to keep the walls clean.  Enforce the no-wall-climbing rule.  Spiderman does not live here.

Volunteer in each of the boy's classes regularly.

Show our appreciation to each of the boy's teachers.

Get completely plugged in and excited about ministry again.

Intentionally nourish relationships with friends and family.  Say no only when we absolutely must.

Love my husband and children with purpose and meaning.  Date.

Lead at least one support group for women recovering from sexual abuse.

Make myself available to speak to groups about the impact of sexual abuse on a survivor's life and the hope there is for miraculous healing and restoration.  Pursue youth and young adults.

Meet with trusted friends/associates in counseling, child abuse prevention/response, social work and education in order to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Be prayerful.

Go wherever God leads.

Enjoy the journey!

No comments: