Saturday, December 25, 2010

Family

I love Christmas Day.  We stay home and family pops in to visit us whenever it fits into their day.  Today, Bryan's dad was here by 8am.  We opened all of our gifts together, had breakfast, hung out for a while...and then he headed off to hang out at my sister-in-law's house.  While he was gone, my mother-in-law came by with Bryan's Granny.  I finished putting the kitchen back in order, got the lunch sides prepared, and then joined the rest of the family in the living room to play with the kids' new toys.  We shot each other with Nerf guns and assembled Lego's, chatted and joked around.  After a while, the ladies made their way down to Bryan's sister's, and his dad eventually made his way back up here for lunch, cake, and more playing...  This is the way I always imagined family would be.  Of course I love that on this day we celebrate the birth of a Savior, and I love that Savior with all my heart, but I also really love the way family feels on Christmas Day.  He has given me an incredible treasure in this family.

No comments: