Thursday, March 5, 2009

A very easy and delicious chicken dish

I do not like chicken very much, so I have to find ways to hide it in dishes.. That usually involves bread crumb coating and slathering it in cheese and some sort of sauce. Bored with all my usual recipes, I decided to try something that I've come across countless times and passed over it because it involved crushed cereal. What a mistake I was making!!

Best Chicken Ever

6 boneless / skinless chicken breasts
16 oz sour cream
1 oz packet of Ranch Dip mix
2 cups crushed corn flakes or Crispix (6 cups pre-crushed)
4 TBS melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line glass baking dish with foil for easier cleaning and better browning. Spray foil with non-stick spray.

Rinse chicken. Combine sour cream and dip mix. Crush cereal in a freezer bag. Coat each chicken breast with dip, then crushed cereal (top & bottom). Place on foil in the baking dish. Once all the chicken is in the dish, drizzle with melted butter. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Will be tender, moist and delicious! Was even delicious left-over and I never say that about chicken.

No comments: