Thursday, September 1, 2011

A creative approach....to spelling practice

As soon as he walked through the door, Zach was eager to show off what he'd done at school today.  Much to my surprise (er, dismay) his hands were full of ninja drawings.  When I asked what the other kids were doing while he drew ninjas, he replied:  "Reading, or their school work, or drawing."

As I wanted to say, "Instead of school work, you chose DRAWING???"....he pulled out his spelling practice.


I'm thinking his teacher appreciates creativity and art.

And I love that!

I can't imagine anyone complained of boredom as they practiced their spelling today.

And these are not spelling words for chumps.

Donate.  Broken.  Pineapple.  Expire.  Sphere.  Contribute.  Pollute.  Behave.  Break.  Fruit.

Miss Davis is serious about her first spelling test of the 2nd grade.  Serious, but fun.

Thank you, Miss Davis, for a fun exercise for my son...and inspiration for me.  My students will thank you!

No comments: