Friday, September 11, 2009

Promises, promises

Many of Luke's statements end in "I promise".

"The dog is outside, I promise." (and he is)
"I just want some ice cream, I promise." (this is a request)
"I do NOT need a nap, I promise." (followed by a 3 hour nap)
"I already went to the bathroom, I promise." (he did NOT, and 15 minutes later needs to urgently)
"We DO have strawberries, I promise." (willing us to have strawberries)

I wish I could say I'm not sure where he got it from, but I think it might actually be me. When I say it, it normally follows a statement delaying something the boys have asked for (and only after I've said it WITHOUT the promise, but for some reason they don't believe me).

"I will get you a snack as soon as I finish these dishes, I promise."
"We will do a puzzle after your nap, I promise."
"We will pick Zach up as soon as school is over, I promise."

Funny how Luke is attempting to use my own words against me, but can't quite get the concept correct 100% of the time. He's a funny little fella, I promise.

No comments: