Friday, October 23, 2009

Rockin' the tatts

Bet you didn't know this about us. We're tattoo enthusiasts. In the suburbs. In argyle. During the week of our school book fair and parent/teacher conferences.

Last night Zach and I had to run up to school to pick something up. There were quite a few people coming and going. Many were looking at me out of the corner of their eyes, and sometimes I even looked back at them after we'd passed and found them staring at me. Zach and I just laughed. A lot.

As we were standing in the doorway talking to Zach's teacher, I finally said, "Don't you just love my new tattoos?" As I held my arms out to her, she could clearly see what she couldn't from a few feet away... They're just sleeves! She laughed out loud and said, "I was trying to process that... Thinking, 'I don't remember ever seeing the tattoos. Have I never seen her in short sleeves before?'"

We lingered around the kindergarten classrooms for a little while, looking at the art on the walls. Parents kept gawking and I kept smiling and offering friendly hellos. A friend spotted us and came over raving about them, asking where she could get some. One of Zach's other teachers overheard and erupted in laughter saying, "When I saw you earlier I thought, 'Wow! Zach's mom has some serious tattoos."

I do.

No comments: