Tuesday, November 23, 2010

He's b-a-a-a-a-ck

....AT WORK!

After 11 1/2 months of unemployment, my union electrician returned to the ranks of the working today.

As I reflect over this last year, I am awed by my husband and our heavenly father, but I am not at all surprised.  God has generously and abundantly met our needs at every turn, and my husband has worked harder and physically sacrificed his body more this year than ever before.  All for substantially less pay, but for the only material things in life that really matter - the roof over our heads, clothing to wear, and food to keep our bodies healthy.  All the while, being an outstanding husband and father, coach extraordinaire, friend and neighbor.

To make ends meet, he's delivered the newspaper 7 days a week, in the middle of the night, regardless of weather, illness or injury.  Without complaint, I might add.  And, remarkably, with his sanity and knowledge of who and whose he is in tact!  All because he loves the boys and me.  God has been wonderfully generous to me in countless ways....but I am most blow away by the gift he's given me in Bryan.

I typically wander through life with an immensely grateful heart, but this week that grateful heart is bursting at the seams.  This is a happy Thanksgiving, indeed.

No comments: