Saturday, July 9, 2011

Good morning.

I can't wipe the smile off my face this morning.  I'm blissfully happy.

I woke up freezing, under a damp sheet, spooning my husband (er, smothering), adjacent to our boys that were on an almost flat air mattress, in our brand new tent (a "vacation lodge"), in our backyard.  We didn't leave our house, but had a most magical time.

I'm a simple girl.  It doesn't take much...

We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  The boys set all of that up by themselves!

We played Uno in our tent after 10pm, by the light of our lantern.  Luke laughed hysterically as he had to draw four, and drew cards that were all the same color.  He was ready to smash the competition.  He came in last place.

As we laid down to sleep, the boys bickered over who was taking too much of the blanket, and I determined to bring one for each of them next time.  I think it will be easier that way.

The last thing everyone saw before dozing off was the night sky full of stars.  Beautiful.

Zach was the first to fall asleep.  Luke fell asleep holding my hand - as he always does in the tent.  I thought Bryan was sleeping when he abruptly said, "Who IS that snoring?"  It was Luke.  Luke always snores in the tent.  Bryan fell asleep third, and I laid there smiling and praying.  I'm just so grateful for the simplicity of family and the sincere love and joy we share.

Whether at a park or in our backyard, I am loving this summer of camping!

No comments: