Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sunrise bike dates

It's 7:47am and I've been awake for over two hours.

I'm not usually an early morning person.

I met my friend Mandy for an 8 mile bike ride at 6am.  Returned home at 7:15 and kissed Zach and Bryan as they headed out for Junior Golf.  I jumped rope for a few minutes (and learned that jumping rope is not just child's play!) and am now relaxing with a cup of coffee.  I'm thinking that jump rope, bike and run would be a fun training combo.

I only get up early like this to exercise.

The first time I made a 6am bike date, Bryan laughed out loud.  My friend Erin could hear him through the phone!  She laughed too.  And I then I ran three minutes late.  But I loved it so much that I've repeatedly made early morning bike dates with a few different girlfriends...and haven't been late since that first one!

Why have I not started my mornings like this before?

We watched the sun rise over the river today.  Simply gorgeous.

A good morning, indeed.

No comments: