Wednesday, August 24, 2011

John

The boys and I just finished our first book of the Bible - John.  I loved the sweet time we had reading and discussing what was going on.  I loved the nights that we really needed to be going to sleep, but they requested "just one more chapter".  Nothing breaks bed time like just one more chapter -- of the Bible!

As we were wrapping up tonight, Zach begged for the one more chapter (which actually would have made for a second extra chapter)....taking us into chapter 1 of Acts.  Since it meant the beginning an entirely new book, we agreed to start tomorrow.

There are many things to love about John, but right now I'm smiling about the final verse.

"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." John 21:25

If that doesn't inspire passionate prayers and sweet dreams, I don't know what does.  So grateful for a savior that offers so much to learn from and aspire to.

No comments: