Saturday, April 30, 2011

A great race

Had a great race this morning.  Beautiful weather.  Huge crowd.  Amazing friends.  Worthwhile cause. 

And I beat last year's time by 2 minutes and 18 seconds.

 

I am awed by my friend Sandra.  I trained hard for this race for two months and still had to walk short increments.  She got away from me right out of the gate and I never caught up.  She hardly trained!  She's amazing.


She waited with our families for me at the finish line.  She's cool that way. 

A lot of other friends cheered me on through the finish too.  Some passed me during the race, trying to drag me with them.  Others were screaming my name as I picked up my pace for the last 10th of a mile.  Thumbs up, fist pumps, and crazy smiles.  My family with their signs.


My son...who prayed last night that I would win...with his ready hug and a whisper that I was a winner no matter what I placed.

 
Kids fun run.

 

Lots and lots of friends.

 
 

It was a great run.

35:15.

No comments: