Thursday, January 29, 2009

Support group

So, Bryan lost his job yesterday and I lost part of my volunteer work today.. The support group was very small to start with, so I knew we could be facing trouble encouraging them to stick with it. Tonight was supposed to be meeting number two, but each of the ladies dropped out. I know that there is an enormous need for this ministry at our church, in our community and around the world, so we will not give up. I don't even know what the word for this feeling is, except to say that I'm heartsick and disappointed. Please be praying for the ladies who have decided not to go through the support group right now. Pray specifically that they will seek His healing and restoration in their lives. Pray also for God's direction in what to do next. Do we shoot for another group in a month or so? Do we wait till next fall? What do we do and how do we do it? In the mean time, the online ministry is alive and well. In three weeks, the blog has received over 640 visits! Praise God.

My friend sent me this link today... "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns Thanks, Lisa!

No comments: