Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fat Free Dressing

I like to keep it real around here, so I'm just going to say it... Low rise jeans and a form fitting top just do not flatter me. There's a name for this icky look, but I just can't say it.

As I complimented my girlfriend on how great she looked the other day, she revealed her secret... A sweet little tank top underneath. A very special tank.

I searched high and low for one for myself.

At first, I was so self conscious. I felt like the dad in Mr. Mom when he went grocery shopping and the clerk asked for a price check on one of his items. "Irv, price check on these extra absorbent tampons, 48 count." Or, whatever she said. I did not want people knowing what I was shopping for.

I hit every major department store in Denver. Prices hovered around $70 and not one worked well enough to justify taking out a second mortgage on the house to pay the bill.

By the time I got back home and hit my local Kohl's, I was no longer embarrassed. Their "intimates" department isn't as well organized as the department store ones, so I kinda wished I'd had a megaphone so I could get some help. Alas... I found several to choose from. With much better price tags! In the $35 range and they were on sale!

I settled on this one. I don't know what the shipping runs on this website, but their prices are excellent. Would be a great place to shop after you've tried them on at the store!

In the event you decide to skip the pricey department stores and head out to a place where you won't get personal service... Here's a piece of very handy advice the Nordstrom gal gave me. Put it on as if it's a one piece swim suit - feet first. You'll dislocate your shoulders if you try to go over your head!

This is some Fat Free Dressing that I will proudly consume! I think I've lost an inch already!!

No comments: