Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Girl time

My friend has recently started her own Silpada business, so I used it as the perfect prompting to have friends over... Only, I'd completely forgotten to do one thing - check the college basketball schedule. Bryan and his dad have season tickets, and it's my job to put the schedule on our calendar. I'd forgotten. Of course, he had a game last night and I had a group of girlfriends coming over without their kids, but nowhere to send mine. Luckily our sitter was able to come over and keep them entertained in the basement.

Bryan and his dad had a great time at the game, and the girls and I had a great time dining and jewelry shopping. Which has me thinking now... Girls night at my house once a month during the season! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I think we should play Bunko one night, do dinner and a movie in PJ's another night... We'll come up with stuff to do. It will be great.

I am so grateful for the many friends God has gifted me with. I am wholly certain that I have the best ones on the planet.

"A friend is one before whom I may think aloud."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

These are the kinds of friends I have.

No comments: